Old 03-01-2023, 09:03 AM
I was inverted
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
I think it’s hard to change the culture completely and it’s not something I would use to pick where I work. Some of the newcomers at Delta will mimic the behavior of the older captains they fly with. Same with American….that place will probably always have some toxicity to it.
My cockpit culture is fine. Most at JB is. But the culture at jetblue in general has gone down the shytter the last 10 years, especially the last 5. Our horrible hundred are still horrible. Our JFK gate agents are awful. Many at LAX/FLL are too. The focus on DIE has overtaken the normal “culture” and caused further divide in the work groups. Quite frankly B6 isn’t a place I’d say has a “good” culture. Yeah some of crews are cool. As a younger pilot group in the left seat, that’s just how it goes. But the chiefs are digging hard these days into pilots, not advocating for them. The people they are hiring these days (in all work groups, including pilots) are questionable…that’s just how it goes with very few applicants.

And just wait til this merger and SLI. You wanna talk about an angry and dysfunctional culture at AA, you ain’t seen nothin yet. DL culture will be a godsend compared to B6 in 4 years. Just my opinion though.