Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 03:27 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by b42day View Post
At 12:01 the next day is MY DAY OFF....not at 2 AM also none of this BS of 11:46 PM plus debrief means the next day is not your day off...

Also any flying outside my SCHEDULED duty day carries a premium. We work for an airline with systemic delays that will never improve...if my day is longer at work I should be rewarded.

No more 9:30 AM lock the day before BS. If it's in open time and unassigned is up for grabs.

Protection for an equal amount of 1,2,3 and 4 day trips. I didn't apply at Allegiant...

Change sick time to PTO. Have blackout days but other than that if you have it you can use it.

CBT pay 1:1

Training pay 5 hour calendar day minimum including travel days (just like normal flying)

Uniforms paid by company every 2 years

Pay on par with all other operators

Per diem per all other operators

Drug test and customs pay
This is great. However,....

As much as I agree w/ all these needing to be fixed/made to happen, they all cost MONEY. Which, for our contract, is negotiating capital. So, if we want a better system than FLICA offers now, is it worth a not getting as much in daily rate? Or lack of significant improvement in LTD premiums? Or a smaller per diem raise?

It's one thing to say "I want EVERYTHING" but it's another to expect the company to just eat the cost for all of it (because we want it).

Here's a better exercise for everyone here - pick your TOP 6 to 9 things that are most important (you can exclude the rate - that goes w/o saying). AND BE SPECIFIC. For some, it's health care costs. Other may want cheaper/better LTD. Others may think the direct contribution needs to be higher. We are behind in almost every area to the point that there are so many to to choose from (better scheduling, positive space commuting, red-eye pay, international override, better reserve rules. We WILL get an improvement in each of these - the question is how much of each.

The key point in which we ALL need to decide (and is why I continue to post/advocate on here) is the minimum/baseline of pieces. What's the minimum DC we'll accept? 18%? 20%? Do we want positive space commuting or it just a nice to have (from what I understand, we're a pilot group that has about 50% commuters). How much should the red-eye override be?

I think we can all reach a consensus - just NOT HERE IN THE FORUMS!!! Write your rep and tell them. Again, be specific.