View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 04:27 AM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Originally Posted by EwrRocks View Post
All this comm from union and company is very predictable, it’s part of the game of getting a deal. I just don’t get to emotional about any of it. Both sides have a narrative they need to get out into the world. Union needs the troops to stay engaged and rallied. The company needs to show investors that they hear them while also getting a narrative that tries to keep pilots calm. Wash, rinse, repeat till one day you have a AIP.
Maybe, and yes..,give and take is the norm in Contract negotiations. But after what our CEO publicly stated over the past months (and years.. let’s not forget the company/union stance on getting a deal done way back in 2018>2019), this Blastmail is both telling and somewhat worrisome.

I have NEVER advocated a work action. On the contrary, I have believed in my statement that we should ALL
Fly Safe
Fly Professionally &
Fly the Contract.

A look at both the ALPA Code of Ethics and our FOM states the same. (Just worded differently)
I still find it funny that mods on here question the work to rule or other actions that are not only required to sometimes force the issue, but bring up past cases to prove their point.

I may get a ban in the near future, but so be it.
I wonder if the mods would have been as quick to ban say, 150 years ago, 100 years ago, 60 years ago.
”we shouldn’t have kids working”
- you can’t say that, it’s the rule of law-
“we should let women vote”
-you can’t say that, it’s against the law-
“we should have civil and equal rights for Black Americans”
-you can’t say that, it’s against the law-

Mods, you have enormous power. I just hope you realize that when banning & censoring posts.
There is definitely a difference between someone writing up tires that might look questionable (to delay a flight) vs someone refusing an ETOPS flight because the APU gen is inop.
Or calling in sick.. should you now be afraid if you call in when you are following both the FAA Guidance and IMSAFE?
Something that both the company and union have said we need to do- evaluate if “IMSAFE”

crazy times.
Motch