Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 05:29 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by fcoolaiddrinker View Post
Any existing language costs that are not going to change are essentially already agreed upon. I’m pretty much done explaining the process as it unfolded last time. I was involved to some extent and have negotiated higher level grievances with MZ, JP, JN. Negotiated loa’s. Removed existing loa’s. Testified at arbitrations. That was after briefing Alpa attorneys over several months as to past practice, arbitrations, language intent, and settlement agreements when they first arrived on property. It won’t be hard to figure out who I am now so I’m out for a while.

In the end I want premium fixed and realize it’s cheap to do that. You don’t seem to care much about it and that’s fine. We disagree.
Great resume. I don’t know who you are and frankly I don’t care. I’m sure the feeling is mutual.

Despite your impressive monologue, none of what you mentioned refuted what I mentioned. Parts of the contract that dont cost money or that aren’t going to change don’t NEED to be heavily debated. That wasn’t the matter being discussed.

And whether a “better” or different premium system costs a lot would depend on the change - how could it not? Whether it’s programming or whatever, it’s part of FLICA and not something neither of us can truly ensure what the bargaining capital will be from the company’s perspective (unless you work for the company which I assume you don’t).

If you want if fixed, great. You’re a fellow pilot so I hope we fix it to your liking - as long as I and the rest of us don’t take a hit elsewhere. Premium is about 1% of the scheduling system and is completely controlled by the company in terms of when and where it’s used, I just don’t understand the attention some seem to give it.

TBH, if neither of us is in the room negotiating, then neither of us will know (other than what we’re told by others) what the cost was, if any. You probably have better access than I given your history, and you may be right about it not costing much. In the end, we’re on the same side.

And I will gladly seek and fly premium if the improvement is made in such a way that I ca. obtain it. But I’m not holding my breath…