View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 03:15 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Gilligan13 View Post
You’re telling me the execs at FedEx and Autozone, the players on the Grizzles, the Drs. at St. Jude’s don’t live in Memphis?
Probably do live in Memphis as they are A, much higher on the pay scale, management or importance as a whole. B - They probably must remain nearby to monitor responsibility in a grand business scheme of more than one aircraft go or no-go. Sports players practice as a team of more than two more frequently and much longer than a visit to a training center once or twice a year for a day or two. Overall, those mentioned above don’t have weeks off at a time perhaps and are on call, etc. I see a theme if you want to sit reserve so it’s a give and take but it’s a choice we have for the most part. Priorities are different and lifestyles are unique at times. None of us really care, we are where we are as it’s not a “must do.” A guess is it’s a “Must” for them and not because it’s paradise or even desirable other than showing up daily, etc. UPS does seem to have a lean angle to get folks to live local if they’re still paying for the move. Unsure if that’s still going on. Crash pads do stink folks tell me, but once again it’s a price.

Comparably we aren’t even in the fruit category (apple vs orange thang) and everyone mentioned previously can command a price or salary based on experience or excellence if they leave to work elsewhere - we do not…and start over.

Last edited by C17B74; 03-08-2023 at 03:31 AM.