View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 12:40 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by BStill View Post
Certainly agree, but feels like a catch-22 for me in my situation right now. Sound like you would you recommend that I just take the time and spend the money on time-re-building in GA aircraft for a while for now, before investing in a "practice" ATP-CTP course or a type course?
You won’t be taking the ATP-CTP course since you already have an ATP. A regional airline would undoubtedly snap you up as is, where is. The only caution I’d throw out is to get a few hours of instruction from a CFII in an aircraft with a modern glass panel to ensure your scan is up to snuff. Regional airlines specialize in turning single engine piston CFIs into airline pilots. You evidently made it through 121 training once, sucks about the furlough, so I’m sure you can do it again. However, you aren’t young and picking up new skills will be more work for you.

Put in an app at every company you want to work for and once you update it with your new RJ type rating calls will start to come in. you’ve only got about 12-13 years available to work in this industry so taking the slow and cautious route may be accepting the risk of being forever junior.