Thread: LAX line life
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 09:52 AM
batting1000
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Default LAX line life

Hi! I am currently entertaining an offer from DAL and the questions I am having a hard time determining the answers to all relate to schedule. I currently work for another large airline with line bidding and have never been PBS. Right now, the flexibility and control of my schedule is really good. I fly turns and two days, I get most of the days I want off (this is bolstered by not wanting weekends or major holidays off, I'm fine working those). I only work "PMs" which is 10AM or later. No red eyes (you know this already as where I work is obvious, I'm sure). I get a minimum of 17 days off a month. Never less than 15, unless I add on later.

Each month, I bid lines in order that most closely matches what I want. Most months, despite months when I was bidding around 70% in base, I get a top ten choice and easily can change what I want. In February I got my 91st choice,... and still ended up with exactly what I wanted, swapping four days for turns and pms. Now I get a top 5 choice because LAX is a commuter base and I live very close and like shortest trips possible (and weekends, again). My home is beautiful and my bed soft. I prefer that over any hotel.

I would love some edumacation on PBS and the reality of pbs on any and all aircraft in LAX, including those with a quick upgrade and life after upgrade, as that is obviously part of the draw (seems I would upgrade there about when I would here).

I'm trying to determine how much of a sacrifice I'd be making and if that sacrifice is worth gain (which is mostly in the form of "future options to include widebody FO but never widebody CA and a more put together management". Possibly better pay but that area is very nebulous at my stage in life and with negotiations ongoing - I'm not in my 20s).

I was so impressed with the interview and so very honored to be in a position to even have this choice. I appreciate your help. Take care.