Thread: United vs Delta
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 07:47 PM
NotMrNiceGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Exconewr View Post
I ride the Atlanta brand weekly, I disagree, it’s the same as we are. Wait for gates, wait for jetway driver, hit or miss experience in back. Very nice crews, top notch to non revs, but only difference is uniform color.
No intention to ruffle any feathers, but this is some naïve confirmation bias. Delta is in their own league on product and service. For examples you may not be aware of…

My company has business accounts with the Big 4. Delta and Southwest are the only ones that don’t charge for a checked bag with a business account. That’s thirty bucks a flight discount. Additionally, when I choose my seats on Delta, anything outside of First Class and Economy Comfort is free of charge. That means I can get an aisle in the emergency row for free. United charges for a window seat in row 30. Delta also has free Wi-Fi for SkyMile members. If you have an Amex card, free lounge access on DAL flights. DAL doesn’t make irritating PA’s advertising their credit card programs. Hub airports for DAL are more current and updated as opposed to places like IAD, ORD, IAH, and DEN. I could keep going. I think UAL is better managed than ten years ago, but from a business traveler perspective, they are a distant second. Similar product to American, but well behind DAL at this point in time.