View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 05:07 PM
ChopperHopper
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by Dash 8 Q400 View Post
I’d stay away from either as they are both a mess and the risk outweighs the reward.

Breeze is growing way too fast for it’s resources and can’t seem to get it’s act together. The working conditions are getting worse and it’s burning cash at an alarming rate. It is having to seek new investment to stay afloat and quite frankly, poeple are steering clear now. The benefit package isn’t that good and is expensive.

Avelo doesn’t seem to have a real robust plan. It started on the West Coast, moved to the East and seems to be floundering a bit. Management seems to be a big issue and the group looks dissuaded. You need strong morale to be succesful but the internal strife is damming. Lots of issues and no real direction it appears.

Today, the market is different. The majors are finally having to pay real market wages. Will it last? The LCCs, and what I call the new hybrid LCCs, are struggling and will continue to do so because of market forces. At this juncture you’re better off at a regional, get the bonus and move on to the majors.

These are observations and career advice based on experience but it could all change tomorrow. One must be ready because this business is not for the faint of heart.

Good luck.
I don’t know about Breeze, but Avelo isn’t struggling. We continue to add cities, airplanes and employees. Charter business is booming, Company is already profitable. Pilots just got their 4th pay raise in 2 years. We fill all the classes. Of course there’s attrition, just like any other Airline but it’s not quite how you’ve described it.