Old 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
SGS233
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
I do have .pdf expert on my phone and ipad, so can transfer items that way, and there's a cloud transfer or storage that can be used, too. The setup I have right now is my own ipad, but a different device in the airplane. I reference the flight release that I've been sent, on the ipad, and I carry that in the airplane, but I don't transfer it to an EFB on board. I can receive it or see it on my phone and my ipad, but a phone is too small for looking at most anything, so if I'm going to mark it or review it, it goes to the ipad.
Thanks for this, it really helps to see what others are doing!

Any thoughts (or experience) with getting a pdf (or, in my case, a pdf with annotations) to automatically sync between two different iCloud accounts, please?

In the past I've created an Apple Note, shared it with someone else, and then had it automatically update (ie, sync) whenever either of us has made edits to it.

Haven't found that function/feature/capability in *either* PDF Expert or Apple Books (yet).

Context, please:

My personal Apple iPhone uses my personal iCloud account.

My company EFB uses an iCloud account that I created specifically for it.

In a perfect world, I'd just sign-in to a single iCloud account from both devices, but I'm hardover on keeping the two accounts (my personal one, and the one used for the company EFB) firewalled/partitioned.

Many thanks again!