Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:14 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Ravenwing View Post
So whatever slots are unfilled in the bid are offered to new hires in training? How often are bids run?

I start Indoc 4/3 and am hoping for PHX eventually. I am guessing some people won’t give up a hard line in DFW for reserve in PHX with only 12 lines in PHX. With ORD losing the E145 flying soon I suspect ORD E175 will go a little more senior than DFW. I expect we will be offered ORD or DFW captain on 4/3 and I am fine with either one, but I would like to know how often to expect movement between bases.
All of the 145 pilots already a 175 future status. The most senior pilots are in DFW and few of those (MOST) senior will not bid PHX because they are local to DFW or at least a painless commute that works for them. But if you live in PHX or anywhere west of the Rockies, your QOL will likely go up in PHX. As far as exactly where you stand and if you’ll be giving up a line in DFW for reserve in PHX, no way to know until after the first bid. But they will likely stagger in the actual movement into PHX as the flying grows.

Bids have for the last five plus years been quarterly, announced near the end of the quarter and closed/posted first week of following month, with the exception of the 145 displacement was run a month early.