View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 10:39 AM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Ask any JetBlue pilot if he guessed 5 years ago that… we’d be shrinking everywhere to concentrate on being American Airline’s regional of choice in JFK, we’d be buying Spirit, we’re parking/not parking/parking the 190s, and flying 321s to London. And that a major pandemic temporarily sent hundreds of pilots back to the right seat. And that we’d lose 300 pilots a year to Delta and United.

I bet nobody bet everything on that guess. Heck, five years ago I bet nobody could even guess our 190 attrition rate or our 220 acceptance rate.
5 years ago I would never have guessed we would be so over staffed in almost every seat and almost every base.. I’ve never seen our staffing levels this high yet we continue to hire for airplanes we can’t even take delivery of. If I would have foreseen this I would have been filling out my DL app then. I chose to stay because of the slim staffing model we traditionally have had that created opportunities to make up the gap in compensation with DL and UAL with Premium time / VDA / RSA opportunities. O well I guess I sit around grow a beard and worry about landing currency next month.