View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 01:52 PM
ClncClarence
Clear ECAM

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by CatIIAutoLand View Post
For those on the outside (UPS, Delta, United, AA, etc) can anyone weigh in on how it works when the company cancels your trip, specifically due to gauge change? Are you pay protected? What extra pay do you get if you fly a different trip? What is your obligation window? Any type of trip or only one that meets certain parameters? Can you decline? I keep hearing about "industry standard" but I want to know exactly how that plays out at each of the other spots.
I came from an LCC. If your trip cancels, it’s removed from your schedule and you are pay protected. Period. Dot. End of story.

Wanna pick up straight time or premium over the footprint? Go ahead. Still protected. Your premium pickup cancels? Guess what, still pay protected for BOTH trips.

Reassignment over your footprint? Pays 200% and they can only do it twice a year without pilot consent.

Folks that have never flown anywhere else don’t have any clue how much of a joke our sub and scheduling section is. The company gets to reassign with impunity and they take any opportunity they can to exploit the language. I would have never come here if I had realized how bad the contract was in this area. Frankly unreal that anyone voted yes to this crap.