View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 01:53 PM
threeighteen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by CatIIAutoLand View Post
In all seriousness, we need to determine what the solution is here. Get rid of Sub? Probably pretty hard. Improvements? That I think is possible. There has to be a compromise here that doesn't include the possibility of you having a bunch of one day AM out and backs when you are a commuter and you had previously held a DDH with good layovers. Yes you can decline, but they you have to work extra to rebuild your schedule.

For those on the outside (UPS, Delta, United, AA, etc) can anyone weigh in on how it works when the company cancels your trip, specifically due to gauge change? Are you pay protected? What extra pay do you get if you fly a different trip? What is your obligation window? Any type of trip or only one that meets certain parameters? Can you decline? I keep hearing about "industry standard" but I want to know exactly how that plays out at each of the other spots.
The only viable solution is to get rid of it. If they company wants to change gauge for my entire month's schedule or even just one trip, the only acceptable solution is to release me with pay.

Then let me go pick up OT if there is any, or if I need a landing I can go PDO bump someone off of a trip to get that done.

Any other solution is unreasonable.