View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 05:04 PM
CatIIAutoLand
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Originally Posted by oncewasgood View Post
A lot of statements being made about other airlines to find out the poster got it wrong. If we want to lie then so be it.
Are you referring to me? What did I get wrong?

I never claimed in any way that other places didn't have some form of a recovery obligation if their scheduled flying was cancelled. Actually, I asked for details on HOW it worked at other places so that I could compare it to how it works here.

I am plenty familiar with the way ours works, it's (potential) pros and it's (numerous) cons. I wanted to know how other places worked and get rid of the hyperbole.

The bottom line is that the rate of substitution is going to be on the sharp increase here. I've talked to lots of senior folks who still have no idea how it works. Mainly because they would say "it rarely happens, so I just avoid it." That is no longer going to be possible. Our domestic network is changing rapidly with the DRIVE initiative and that will lead to a much higher rate of substitution.

Everyone needs to brush up on the flow chart and understand their options WHEN, not IF, they are put in Sub. Additionally, we should be brainstorming now on ways to improve it's implementation so that our QOL and/or overall compensation is not completely wrecked by this issue.

Potential new joins should also take the time to understand what substitution is and how it plays out here. I wasn't wise on it when I got hired, but looking back on it I sure wish I was