Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 12:23 PM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
A yes from me. But unfortunately every time I’ve seen jt brought up, always the same opposition. Image/professionalism; safety; can’t JS on other carriers; Company X allows it and so few did it in the beginning so those brave few went back to daily shaving due to feeling awkward.

Sure it’s not really a safety issue but good luck getting the FAA to change their minds (or all those oxygen masks with the placard about a proper seal). It can be groomed and maintained professionally; if there can be a dress code and grooming standard for hair and mustache, obviously a simple beard standard could be enacted. If you anticipate needing to ride a JS, carry a shaver and do a quick pass. There’s not really a reason for people to wear suits and ties. Not really a reason we need to look like a boat captain. Delta actually truly thinks the double breasted/hat combo is what their passengers are paying to see and expect.

groomed facial hair. Better reserve rules/pay. Min daily instead of duty period. Mainline narrowbody pay rates. Keep the hat optional. 5 things and I’m happy.
Allegiant let’s pilots have beards, no FAA issue.