View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 02:15 PM
Swapapotamoose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by AF2AL View Post
For April, ORF lineholders had between 19-21 days off with single day trips (mostly 3 or 4 leg days). All reserves at Breeze get 12 off.
A220 isn't currently based in ORF but those lines are typically 18-20 off with mostly 2 days but starting to get more of a mix of trips.
They just announced a home basing option being offered for the 220, blocks of 5 days off in a row with hotels and travel to and from the duty paid for by the company. No plans of getting rid of ORF base.

The stock is worth roughly $108,000 as of now. Hard to say what it will be at the time of IPO but shouldn't be any less than that. Blackrock (largest investor in Breeze) has an average rate of return of about 14% on their investments. If this investment performs at the average rate, the pilot shares would be worth about $160,000 at the time of IPO if it happens in 2 years as estimated.

for those of you who are now interested, go back a few pages in this thread and do a little research. A lot of your questions have been answered multiple times.

The problem I have with this post is that, a lot is left to interpretation. When you read “ ORF lineholders had between 19-21 days off with single day trips“ this place seems fantastic. Wow everyone gets so much time off. But the reality is that there was 3 lines of flying in ORF for April, 3. The other 3 guys got res at 12 days. If you live in ORF, who cares. Sit reserve at home. Unless you want to upgrade of course. In that case you HAVE to fly and it may not be an option. Can you hold ORF out of training ? Probably, but unless you’re a DEC or really close to upgrade mins, you better get comfortable with the FO rates. There’s a reason breeze only bumped Capt pay. They need captains. They’re hiring CFI’s who won’t be able to upgrade for years. Specially if they get thrown into the charter program. Charter is the ONLY commutable flying in this company but it will take you a very lonnnnnng time to upgrade because you don’t fly a lot and when you do, half your flights are under part 91 which doesnt count towards upgrade. so again, get comfortable with the FO rates.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. If you live in base and you’re on the Ejet as a Capt; life is amazing. I’m home every night with my family, I make descent coin and the flying is super easy. If you commute, regardless which plane you are in, it is miserable. Just ask any A220 driver at your local airport