View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:56 PM
OOfff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Not sure what your point is, as you are implying that you're exposing some huge conflict in what I said.

So, again, the poster in question was saying 20 years mil flying should suffice for the silly "pilot talent" ball on a see-saw tests. I agree.

The poster in question wasn't saying he is entitled to a job; even if, under the very standard of his common sense appeal, he were to "CLEP out" of the so called cog test, he would still have to do everything else in the application and interview process.

Personally, I don't think there is much if any value in the cog tests. But even if there is some loose correlation, 20 years mil flying clearly renders it unnecessary. Not because mil is necessarily better. But mil is very consistent. Likely far more than any lose correlation in a silly cog test.

As for the rest of the interview and process, no one is disputing its validity or justification. Someone could be a triple ace space shuttle test pilot demo team door gunner with a chest full of air medals and still be a jerk a company wouldn't want to deal with.
that’s a lot of words to say “military pilots should not be subject to the same tests as others.”