View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 02:20 PM
BrianH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021
Default Our NC has been eaten by the shark

Clearly there has been a loss of focus. We entered negotiations with limited items and a 13 month agreed to timeline nearly two years ago (knowing other items would be deferred to the next contract cycle). And now our NC chairman puts "acceptable pay rates" in his comms to us. "Industry Leading" is our goal. Not "acceptable."

Our NC has not jumped the shark, it has been eaten by the shark. Our NC willingly added another chapter to the mill around checklist and provided a path to a clean "strike vote free" 5 APR. What a self inflicted error. All after the MEC authorized the strike vote. Who adds more complexity after the MEC authorizes a strike vote?

lets remember the goalposts.

The MEC needs to quickly assess the goals, success so far and the path forward. If this team has lost focus, direction or drive, replacing them, which will take some time, is the right thing to do. The MEC needs to stand and be counted. Do they have what it takes to take back control of this process and demand an industry leading contract or not? If not, replacing them by the membership may have to happen.

It is time to stop "trusting the process" and it is time to verify what the heck is going on.

I will be sending my Local Council Chairman "considerations for recall." By the time we get to 18 APR, we should know if this has gone way off the rails or not. If things have gotten back on track, I'll pull the motions, if not, I'll let the chips fall as they may.

What 's next a five, six, seven, eight year contract? With at least two more years of negotiations? Again. Oh and how is that new secondary line generator doing anyway?

This crazy train has to stop.