View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 09:41 PM
WearyEyed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Performance based pay should be an absolute no go. The company controls all the variables and they can’t even process our expense reports or correctly pay wet lease penalty payments, so why should we trust them. I’m sick and tired of trusting the process and waiting for these limited negotiations to conclude. We got played. It has disgusted me to hear PM say that there are serious issues with the contract but they didn’t poll high enough so he wasn’t tasked with fixing them and we need to wait until the next negotiations in 4-6 years plus another 2 years of drawn out negotiations to hope to fix it.

My rep informed me that this performance based pay idea came from the negotiator so we are looking into it so that we can say that we are negotiating in good faith. I can understand that, if that’s all it was, but it’s really time to say enough is enough and call for a strike vote. This rep said that there are members of the MEC who support performance-based additives to base pay increases. They are no longer leading us and failing the membership. If they do not announce a TA or a strike vote and drop this performance based pay idea by April 18th, then a recall is warranted.