Thread: AA Jumpseat
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 12:39 AM
thrust
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by fussydutchman View Post
When listed for the Jumpseat (AA pilot on AA metal), and there is plenty of room in the back and you get a seat in your respective D2 order, are you still required to check in with the Captain? Not talking etiquette, just requirement because I don’t want to dress business casual if I don’t need to. I can just cancel the Jumpseat and list regular non- rev but curious if it’s unnecessary.
”Required”? No. Highly encouraged? Yes.

Plenty of people roll the dice on not wearing jumpseat attire when they’re confident they’ll get a seat in the back. The horror stories of “douchebag captain gave me s—— for being in shorts and flip flops despite getting a seat in the back on my D2WP listing” definitely exist, and nobody posts on BTL about “laid back captain gave me a high five for being in shorts and flip flops when I checked in with him as I got a seat in the back on my D2WP”. Most captains really don’t care. A handful might. Do you care that they might? Are they gonna go so far as to demand you be removed if you don’t change clothes, shave (not required at all), etc? Doubtful.