View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 04:06 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by AerChungus View Post
In OP's defense, you can have a foreign commercial or ATP and take the same ATP checkride as FAA pilots. OP would get an FAA ATP just like everybody else. If OP were to be unwilling to do any testing/flying, then they would only be able to get a private. Foreigners can written test into instrument and checkride into commercial and ATP so long as they hold the equivalent foreign cert and meet the FAA's experience requirements. Matter of fact, you can be a 1500 hour foreign commercial pilot and checkride into an FAA ATP.

Can't speak to how special the case is or how much leg work Envoy is willing to do, but as far as the FAA certificate is concerned, it's a non-issue. The recruiter may be confusing having a foreign ATP with being a foreign pilot without right to work in the US.

OP, are you set on Envoy? I'm sure that across the pool of US regionals you could connect with a competent recruiter or two
I could/should have expounded on my response, without additional testing, as you stated. While just getting the ATP-CTP may be enough to qualify for the FAA practical, as Otterbox stated, Envoy requires the FAA certificate and as I pointed out, Envoy still has plenty of applicants who meet the minimum requirements. If you really want the job, you’re probably going to have to test into the FAA commercial prior to applying.