View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 11:13 AM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

I’m not looking to re-litigate the last extension or the previous one. We overwhelmingly made our choice. The future is what matters. I agree the economy may be about to take a hard dump that could screw those pilot groups in negotiations. Although I am unhappy with the lack of growth in our compensation (both pay and retirement) and few are happy with QOL under the optimizer, things could be worse. Our EB has taken the bird in hand repeatedly over potentially two in the bush. There are pros to this strategy. However, it almost guarantees that some other pilot group will have to hit some extra base hits before we make significant gains. The problem with this is that our company is leaving its competitors in the dust on profit margins and revenue growth. Our competitors (FedEx primarily) can’t afford to grow contract value significantly which means we could be waiting a very long time for their contract to be a positive factor in contract negotiations. I’m not sure exactly how to best address this conundrum, but we pay the EB handsomely to do so. Hopefully, they figure it out.