Gets Weekends Off
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2013
  • Position
    No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Buddy of mine who left for United just a few years ago is doing great and it’s a better fit no doubt. Young kids (needs to be home on a regular basis), lives on the East Coast Big City type and just became 737 Capt will no doubt be well off. Misses our flying, but UA is definitely a better fit and that is awesome. Just being me, you couldn’t stab me hard enough to be pressed into a 73 pax bus flying Newark, etc as I have no benefits to the area, etc. If you live in a Big 3 base or other it’s no a no brainer. Younger you are the better, 15 years maybe 10 years or less left and abhor Groundhog Day crammed flying with barely any ability to be off more than a week it’s a no-go unless you can be bought. Apparently I can be bought as well (for a smaller duration), all last year and the year before flying longer lines for the extra cheddar which ran out but would have been unsustainable for myself regardless. I don’t even do OT, but the high lines were rewarding. Definitely a reduction with an international offset priority for myself getting back to globetrotting. Basing does dictate some mind numbing Big 3 flying, but with some seniority or scheduling change luck it gets far more interesting. 74 wise, none of the others bring me to more locations or ever will at this time. Our 76 not so much, 777 standard routing mostly so there’s that. Contracts change, economy softens everything can be affected or infected. Doors, FAs, pax, same overseas big city vacation locations I have already visited don’t lure me except to get home out of a nice airport 1st Class. Nice obscure memorable times at unique locations stick with me. Nothing wrong hanging out with the tourists it’s a lot of fun, but having time to reach out is priceless. I wouldn’t pay for it, well maybe a couple.

*All you really have to do is know thyself.