View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 01:24 AM
N6567K
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2023
Question Earnings EK vs US carrier?

Looking for some good advice: 15 years at EK and have enjoyed the experience living in a safe, international and family oriented city AND flying all over the world for a great airline.
I am considering moving back to the US provided I get on with either UPS/FedEx or another major like DL, UA, or AA.
Following numbers based on flying approx. 88hrs a month.
Yearly flight payments were $180,000, housing $65,000, PF employer contribution (15%) $22,000 : TOTAL AED $267,000.
School allowance $19,700 yearly per child, up to 3 children, this covers about 85% of tuition at an excellent private school.
Provident Fund PF has amassed $600,000 over 15 yrs and I have another 15 yrs of flying till age 65.
I understand seniority and quality of life go hand in hand however for me, I am looking to make as much as I can before retirement. Most US carriers let you fly overtime, drop trips, etc and you have so much more control of your roster (specifically picking up trips that put you into OT). Furthermore 401k contributions are anywhere from 12-16% on your overall earnings for the month.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
One of the main attractions of UPS/FedEx is their Fund A (direct contribution).
The big question is, if given the opportunity to join DL, UA, AA should I go OR should I wait for UPS/FedEx to start hiring again?
Thanks a lot for any sound suggestions.