View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 05:00 AM
Faganb1
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2023

Originally Posted by tnkrdrvr View Post
Unless you are married to someone holding citizenship within the EU or a dual citizen yourself it may not be possible for you to stay over there. FedEx just announced they are closing their Cologne domicile and intra-European flying at UPS goes relatively senior. An ACMI with home basing may work well (assuming you can legally establish residency there), but a lot of them have legalese about requiring a U.S. address. If you just want a few more years over there I’d suggest working a GS position for USAFE or EUCOM.
All good points. I think we have German residency requirements met with a side business my wife will be running and we own a house in the States that should meet the US address requirements.

I've had trouble finding info about UPS's intra-Europe routes. (Did I miss that forum thread?) If I couldn't hold them as a new hire it wouldn't be an option for me.

Thoughts on how easy it'll be for young guys to hold FedEx CGN routes they switch to the 777 and commute from MEM? I'd just commute from home.

I'm guessing Atlas and Kalitta would be the safest bets. Seems like guys have moderate success asking scheduling to start and end trips in Europe.

Anyone living this life right now that can speak to the realities of it?

Thanks!!