View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Marty MCfly View Post
Ok so here's my question

Assuming the Delta NW merger occurs this week as rumored, how will this affect the regionals that fly for each airline?

Delta has already been planning to cut 8 regionals back to 4. Now with the addition of NWA's regional partners, which regionals will suffer if any and which will we likely see continue to fly for Delta?

I'm supposed to begin a Shuttle America class soon and wondering if I will be affected in the immediate, near, or distant future...

I know that Shuttle also flys United stuff so I may have nothing to worry about. I guess maybe it depends on where they need pilots the most...the Delta or United side.

I just hope that my class doesn't cancel seeing as how I've already turned in my notice at my old job.

Thanks for any help or information you can offer!
Who told you that? I only count 6 DCI carriers:
ASA/Skywest
Comair
Republic et al
Mesa
Pinnacle
ExpressJet

Who did I leave out?

In addition to that, since the Comair strike, Delta has shown they are interested in diversifying the DCI fleet and they've upheld that with the addition of Pinnacle and ExpressJet to the DCI family. If anything, I see Mesa on the outs (Delta has already reported they are terminating the contract), Pinnacle continuing to fly for both NWA and DAL, ASA/Skywest continuing to do what they do because the contracts are long-term and their performance doesn't suck. If CAL cuts more ExpressJet birds loose it's possible a few may end up in the Delta fleet replacing Mesa in the East or providing more feed out of LAX. As far as RAH, I guess the 135s are on their way out but Delta seems happy with the 170s...for now. If they are as thirsty vs. the CRJ-7/900 as some people claim, Delta may start to rethink that fleet or how they use them.

Just my opinion. But opinions are like bumholes...everyone has one and they usually stink

Last edited by freezingflyboy; 04-13-2008 at 06:04 PM.