View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 04:40 PM
V4LKYR1ExONE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Mooneyguy View Post
absolutely agree. I’d encourage everyone to ask our NC chair every chance you get about getting better res rules. Listen to the reply.
12 days off is a joke. That’s regional stuff. Btw, our contract currently doesn’t even say we have 12 days off. It’s not in the cba.
Our CBA is like reading the FARAIM, in that everything is carefully crafted lawyer speak and details are not easy to find. Reference section 25.E to find the specifics on days off for both Line and Reserve (non FDO) pilots. If we aren’t getting 12 days off with no known absences, then we need to figure out where the bidding software is going awry, and see if that can be remedied.

Can you explain why you think 12 days off is a joke? 12 days off is 40% percent of the month, which sounds pretty good to me, and as a reservist I’ve gotten even more days at home, for example this month I worked 9 days, with 4 overnights. The other 9 days I was on short call, I was just hanging out at my house, doing whatever I wanted with my free time. In sum I ended up with 21 days to myself, and this month was the most I’ve worked on reserve.

ETA: I see dashdriver found the better reference to days off. The faraim CBA strikes again. I wish this document was easier to absorb and navigate lol. But wouldn’t 18 RDPs in 30 days or 19 in 31 still produce 12 days off in the month?