Old 05-02-2023, 07:11 AM
Dnr032
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by GVAMngt View Post
Hi Dnr023,

Duty is assigned each day for all the pilots homebased or locally based. The homebased pilots are obviously out with a plane, so they have a set of rules for getting setup each day depending on the client they are working with. For locally based pilots, they are given a duty time for the day that they need to be available for, this normally comes with a 2 hours to wheels up call window, an hour to get to the airport and an hour to get the plane/flight plan ready.

Each rotation varies. It really depends on the travel season in the local base. The east coast is very busy with charter through standard travel seasons: spring break, school ending in June, then again late fall into the holiday season. The west coast bases get much busier around ski season, but hold much more level throughout the year.

If you want, I can setup a discovery call with the Assistant Director of Ops or the Recruiter in charge of the pilot hiring to answer any questions you may have. Jeremy Train is the pilot recruiter for the role, you can grab his email off the internal email address book.

Hope to hear from your soon,
GVA Management
Thank You very much for the information. I have reached out to Jeremy Train via email and gave him my cell phone number. I look forward to talking with him later this week when he returns to the office.

Respectfully,