View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 04:05 AM
DryClutch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 737

Originally Posted by FlyinCat View Post
Most of the “best regional” threads are about which ones have the best work rules, or benefits, or will get you to the majors fastest. Can we talk about which ones are the most fun? Full disclosure, I’m not having much fun right now. Mostly wondering if it’s different anywhere else. And yeah, I get it’s a lot about how you make the best of the situation and your attitude. This can’t be completely unbiased but I think it’s worth seeing what most people’s perceptions are, even if they are subjective.

Overnights?
Routes?
Crews?
Company culture?
Occasionally people mention this idea of something related to "culture"..... It's kinda silly, what would that even mean? There really is no such thing. Shouldn't even be on someones radar as something to consider. These regionals are just places to work at until you can get out onto your hopefully final seniority list. Your just an employee number there grinding it out. Then when you hit the line at your final career airline, there's no such thing as "culture" there either, even if the HR/management folks tout it. Your still just an employee number thats part of a big churning machine, and all these big churning airline machines are pretty much the same. This silly culture thing shouldn't be on anyone's list of things to investigate.