View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 06:42 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by KSUto64 View Post
K4 is a single pay scale for all fleets. That’s just the 767 pay scale at 74 hrs per roster and 13 rosters per year. It’s not a world beater but it’s a big jump from where it was. There’s a 777 scale built in as well. Those CA rates are all currently higher than the rates listed on this site for K4.
Don't know what's listed, but the Omni/K4 scale topped at $297 back in the 2018 CBA. The recent K4 short term CBA added onto that, so I'd say it's above these new ones.
The question then becomes how many pay periods at K4? Omni is 12 and at a 64 hour guarantee. So, if you do the math, these new CBA rates at Amerijet actually beat the current 5 year old Omni rates.
AJ top CA base pay $289.6k and Omni top CA base pay $228.1k yearly. With a 10% DC, that's a pretty big difference.

Work rules need to be looked at too.
Are there any trip rigs or duty rigs?
Do you get business or better on international dead heads over hours?
Line bidding or more of a PBS thing?
Are lines just reserve lines? how soon does the flying show up on the schedule
Is it true home basing where day 1 and day 16 are the travel days to/from work?
with 13 bid periods, how many days off per bid period, and what does it total annually, compared to 16 on and 14/15 off each month?
keep hotel points and air miles?
part 117 rest rules or 121?
what benefits are provided at what cost (Omni has several, I've got the buy-up family plan, vision, dental, life insurance on me, wife and kids; long term disability provided by company... few other odds and ends and pay $720 total a month for it all).
Your new 10% 401k DC is a big step ahead over ours. Still less than LCC's but a welcome first step.
What's the new per diem rates?

Overall, I think you raised the bar compensation wise for sure. Well done !

When I first looked at just the rates, it looked like it didn't really raise the bar. However, once you look at the 74 guarantee over 13 bid periods plus a 10% direct contribution it turns out to be a decent improvement after all.

So, what are the typical schedules like for you guys? Mostly domestic, mostly international? most common destinations? How long are the average layovers? Ours tend to be how many days, not how many hours. flying 40 hours in a month (not including DH) would be a busy month here.

Last edited by Cujo665; 05-15-2023 at 07:14 AM.