View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 09:14 AM
FL410
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Furloughed

Originally Posted by Troy T View Post
I've had my application in and updated for a couple of months and no response. Highlights are as follows:

- 1950 TT
- 1020 Turbine
- 475 Turbine PIC
- ATP
- College Degree

I'm also a bit older (second career), and would like to make Alaska my permanent home. But, again, I can't get anyone to respond. Any insight would be appreciated.
I agree with the above poster. Go to a meet the CP or if you have a buddy that works here have them walk you in. Face time will really help. I walked in a friend with less quals than you and he got a call 3 days later. We have a bunch of hiring coming up so its probably not a if but when for you.
Also, keep in mind everyone is hiring and there are lots of great options out there. I never blame anyone for making decisions based on their lifestyle, money situation, and priorities. Know that if you come to AS the opportunity to grow in separate airframes is very limited. I've been here a while and not going to leave even though I probably should because I have 20+ years left. Not commuting for me is the best part of my job as I did it for my previous airlines.
Good luck