View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
PeopleMover
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Right seater

Finished IOE at QX last Jan. Im in the RJ and they have not done a ton of hiring since our class. I can hold a line/composit, but not worth picking the lines since I get the last few..so I just put L (for line) and get what ever line is left. So over a year and still getting left over lines. Yeah that kinda sucks. Though I'm at a stable place, making $38 an hour as 2nd yr F.O and live at base (because I like it here, not because I have to) and the area is inexpensive enough I put 10% in thhe 401K and still put another $200 a month in the bank. And yes...I do have student loans.....To the tune of 400 a month. I split a two bedroom apt. that has a washer/dryer and free cable and my share is $335. Ask if anybody in ORD LAX or EWR can get a decent place for that. Yeah upgrade is slow here, but I suscribe to the notion that "is a marathon - not a sprint" The company treats us well, respectivly..every company has its issues and no matter where you go there will always be unhappy folks. I have my quirks too about the company, but overall im happy. If the upgrade were 2-3 years instead of 5-6 this place would be a dream. Let me know any questions you have