Thread: Place your bets
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 09:52 AM
AncientAliens
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
Bro, just leave now. You know how seniority works.

We are going to end up with a subpar contract. If you waiting to see if we end up with a Delta like contract, don't bother waiting. Leave now. Its going to take 3 years and it's not going to be Delta/AA rates.

Reality

Gonna have to agree with Aero on this one...if you (or anyone else in these forums) is entertaining the idea of leaving you need to get the ball rolling NOW. Even with the crazy amount of hiring going on it still takes close to six months from application to class date. UAL is currently hiring 8 pilots per day! AMR and DAL are similar. Even if you applied today you would still have at least half a Frontier's seniority list worth of pilots in front of you from now until you get on property. If you get offered a class date somewhere you obviously don't have to take it but at least give yourself the option. Best case F9 comes to its senses and a contract gets done by the end of the year but what are the chances that happens? I had 8 years on the table when I left and only time will tell if that was the right decision. Things could always go south quickly but so far my only regret is I didn't try to make the jump earlier. It probably cost me 2,000 spots on the SL. Don't make the same mistake. Like other people on here have said, if you are unhappy at F9 going to a legacy isn't some magic elixir that is going to make everything better but I can assure you from experience you will be treated like a professional.