View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 01:36 PM
BananaHammock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by GrayFlyer View Post
I would love drop to zero. Please fight for it on your end. I know a lot of B6 dudes on here don't necessarily see the value in it, but our current system isn't much better than OO. Makes it tough to drop/swap if our mysterious reserve grid isn't at the required level. Your system sounds much better. Not only could you build the schedule you want, but if you really needed to go on that Costa Rican vacation or be at jr's baseball game, you know you can do it. Idk why I'm telling you this.

For what it's worth, I've never flown with any douche canoes here. Everyone is super chill. I'm sure they're out there, everyone has them and, like I said, the internets brings out the worst.

How did you like the 47? I was thinking about buying one in a couple years, especially since I recently learned there's turbine versions out there in the wild?!
Good to hear about the canoes, I've not met any B6'er in person that didn't seem decent enough, these chat forums can bring out the best of us sometimes...

Love the 47. Did my ab initio in a D1 model. Flew a straight G a G3-B1 and a G3-B1 Turbo but never been in a Soloy turbine conversion. A 47 with a no bar kit flies just like a Jet Ranger so I reckon a turbine 47 would be like flying a JetRanger that will only go 50 knots downhill. My instructor a 47 guru is no longer with us but you could probably give Dutch County a call in Pennsylvania, they still fly one I believe. We have a NK guy that teaches for them in the 47.