View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 07:52 AM
TransWorld
Gets Everyday Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed

Originally Posted by dera View Post
No you can't. My friend got hired a while back at a legacy (when they still required a 4-year), and his Cambridge degree still had to go through the same scrutiny as mine from a lesser known school. They required it to be certified by a NACES certified equivalency agency. The reason for this is that schools abroad don't do transcript requests like US schools do. So to avoid fake printed degrees, they go through a company that verifies the equivalency (which then would certify a fake degree).
NACES certified equivalent degree carries the same weight as a degree from US accredited school for all practical purposes. The schools that have US accreditation abroad are mostly just US schools catering for expats in those countries.
The scrutiny for employment is more strict than education. Some universities accept UK A-level/GCSE/Bachelors from the better known schools, but I don't know if any airlines accept anything without the equivalency certification. I had to go through that process for a damn regional.
So, are you saying you went to a university in the UK or another university outside of the US? No disrespect to you in the question.