Thread: New Hire Class Drops

CruJones , 05-30-2023 05:07 PM
Line Holder
CruJones
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2022
Quote: I know the last drops are mega classes. Planes are assigned off the last 4 of the SSN. Does it go in order? Like 9999, 9899, 7823, 7628, etc. I'm screwed having a 3XXX number, but it is a higher 3 (39XX). Trying to gauge where I might fall in a class. I know there is no way of knowing, but I have to say that is probably my biggest hang up on leaving where I am. I fear being stuck on the 737 which I hate, or the 717 and have the fast upgrades come to a halt. Does anyone have an idea the SSN assigned on some of the last drops. Trying to judge where I might fall, but again, I know it's based on the SSN in my class. How feasible is it to get a 320 out of any base (prefer DTW) with a low SSN based on how planes have been assigned in the past classes?

3XXX isn’t that bad. If you’re really afraid to fly the 73 or 71 put the 220 (if it’s available) above those jets and suck it up for a year (plus time to convert). There are 2 ways to break a seat lock that are outlined pretty well on here. There’s a pretty good chance you’d get DTW out of class or soon after. Good luck!

Alternatively, you could apply, get the CJO, wait until the class drop comes and then permanently burn the bridge if you don’t like what you get.