View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
Looks like my original 19% over 4 years estimate was way to high, now its down to 17%.

What a joke.

Any comments now DAL4EVER?????
Yeah, that's 20% more than you have at CAL. I think I posted a reply under a different thread but this is an interim contract over which the joint contract will build off. That means we just raised the bar for us to negotiate off of as well as CAL to negotiate off of. How about, thanking DALPA for changing the way mergers are handled with pilots. The traditional merger process left AWA/LCC pilots out in the cold. We now have a process that is provides equity in the company to the tune of around $80,000 per pilot on average. Before, pilots never got anything. We get immediate raises and further raises when the joint contract is done. What is so wrong?

If you want to keep slamming DAL, then as Jack Nicholson said in a Few Good Men, "pick up a rifle and stand a post!". We were paying $335/hour when CAL took non bankruptcy, voluntary concessions that are lower than our bankruptcy contract. I went from $170/hour to $102/hour but I don't throw sand at CAL for that. I could. What have CAL pilots enjoyed? 2005 hires are Captains. Any correlation for growth and wages? Don't know. But if you don't get $335/hour on your next contract what should I think of you. Now go raise the bar Driver!