Thread: Pairing survey
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 08:24 PM
DontCallMeCindy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by flippedr6 View Post
If I’m FLL based get awarded a crappy jr line. I can drop it all as long as the Fll grid is green. Then I can pick up from open time at any base. So if DTW has a three day that’s commutable, I’ll grab that then find other trips anywhere to fill my month back up.
I’m all for this. I understand the comments about seniority list abrogation, but at the same time, having such a system in place would also change system bidding behavior.

Mid-range folks stuck on reserve near home in a senior base might consider bidding a junior base to hold a line, if they knew there would be a decent chance of swapping back into some trips in the senior base close to home. I sure as heck would.

It’s basically Econ 101: over time, base seniority stats will eventually compensate for any temporary skew where junior lineholders in junior bases are using their “lineholder” status to end up flying 3/4 of their sched out of the senior base.

Any temporary abrogation of seniority would be limited to reallocations of block hours systemwide. That basically already happens, because the company has a decent degree of flex regarding where they allocate block.