Thread: LFDR 3.0
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 02:07 PM
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator
Default LFDR 3.0

New corp comm video from BB actually put a smile on my face. Seems we are backtracking and taking a stance on a lot of the things that have been going wrong, namely,

- Now encouraged to report rude/unpleasant gate agents and also those who do not act fair when sizing bags, to the email provided in the video. (it has been confirmed by BB himself that if the bag fits, even with pushing, it goes)
- Marketing and public affairs are working on figuring out how to give people more info on how we work (a la carte) and bringing out new packages for those who want only a couple of popular specific things such as a carry on and a seat.
- Focusing on first flights and turns, hopefully with the gate agent and bag sizing issue, this will let us actually turn in the 45 mins allotted, but seeing 50 given would be nice.
- New weekly and daily performance emails, along with summaries of why things happened.
- They want to grow. They know they need more pax, and happy pax. This is a good sign for negotiations coming up because happy pilots = happy everyone else.

All around happy with the video released today. I hope this is a turning point in the culture of management, finally realizing you can't continue like this, but maybe I will be wrong, I am hopeful though. All it takes is a slight shift in mindset by management like this and it trickles down. You cannot have happy workers when management is just turning a blind eye to issues and choosing to think everything is alright.

Last edited by spooldup; 06-01-2023 at 02:22 PM.