View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
E1Out
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: DAL-S, B

Originally Posted by Check Essential View Post
Together, we will craft a far superior agreement that includes all of us.

Give DALPA a chance. They're pretty sharp guys. Think about what we're arguing about here. DALPA worked their butts off to lay the groundwork for any of this "upfront labor participation" to be possible at all. Normally management would just inform us we've been merged.

And I genuinely believe DALPA has absolutely no intention of "throwing anyone under the bus". Especially not a future co-worker. I hope you will come to believe that as well.
Excellent post, Check Essential.

For what it's worth to the NWA guys... Delta has a crazy pilot hiring process, and while I was going through it, I couldn't entirely identify what exactly it was that caused them to hire one person, and not another.

During Indoc, a lot of managers came to talk to our class, and several explained why they hire who they hire - because they all have integrity. That seems to be such a huge running theme throughout this company, and every new hire in my class as well as every employee I have come in contact with, certainly shares that trait. The phrase that kept coming up was, "We hire people who do the right thing, SIMPLY because it's the right thing to do."

If the NWA pilots are truly concerned they are going to get thrown under the bus, I sincerely believe that the DAL pilots in the bus are simply coming to pick you guys up and bring you over here with us - not run you down. Hopefully in time, you guys will see that.