View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Clue32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

[QUOTE=cfii2007;3647713]Regarding Atlas and other ACMI carriers....do they give preference to former 135 freight applicants or do they hire out of the 91/135 fractional/corporate ranks?[/QUOTE

New hires come from just about every path you can imagine. We are hiring so many folks that knowing who we are, what we do, and wanting to be here enough to properly prepare and study for the interview, that you will likely get an offer. But yea, first you have to get the call.

If you want to be not only competitive but also well prepared to succeed in training there are some better routes to take. Probably starting with one of the following, although someone will argue otherwise and I appreciatetheir take.

121 Route with Jet PIC
Ameriflight ME PIC, followed by 121 Jet experience.
Jet Fractional.

I would not go to 135 charter or straight corporate for two reasons. Likely lower annual flight hours, and that FSI / CAE training is not representative of the challenge you will face down in Miami.

At some point you probably need turbine PIC. Jet experience would help, but isn't mandatory. Previous 121 training experience would also help, but it isn't mandatory.

PM me if you want. I see that you have had quite a few questions over the past several months. I am sitting R2 Hotel reserve for another week and have all sorts of time.