View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 07:52 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by BlueJuiced View Post
Its 50/50 for me. Delta is near and dear to my heart. They have gone out of their way to help me in years past and I have always flown with them so it was always my end goal. Starting out though it always varied. The route I was thinking of is CFI somewhere for a bit then once I hit 1500 (or a bit more) try to go to NK. From there, ride out NK for a few years then move on to DL. Not too sure how good of a plan it is with seniority in mind but both these airlines had keystone moments in my life and I wanted to go to both. Obviously if Delta came calling first, I would take it in a heart beat but I know its unrealistic.
Those are not good reasons to choose an airline over other airlines.

Just because you had good experiences as a pax doesn't guarantee the same as an employee, although there may be some correlation in some cases. I guess if it matters to you that your employer has a quality product, that might be a legit factor... nothing wrong with pride in your work, although your part of the product is safety and most US majors are about a wash on that. Pilots don't influence the pax experience aspect very much.

You'd be better off talking to pilots who work for various airlines and get their take... especially somewhat junior pilots.