Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 06:29 AM
BigKitten229180
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The answer to that varies. Are you talking about someone with 500 hours coming in as an FO? Or someone with a couple thousand hours coming on as an E120 or SF340 captain? Are you coming through the United Aviate Program? Or just on your own? I know one guy who went from E120 FO to BE99 Check Airman/BE1900 Captain and left for Delta in less than 4 years. I don't know what other connections he had, though.

QOL depends on what you consider is good for you. Do you want to move around or be home every night? Or flying at night and home every day? Do you want to live where you currently are or are you willing to move to a new base?
I would be coming in on my own. Debating on regionals or ameriflight I’ve always wanted to try cargo flying and check that off before I’m at an airline for the rest of my life but don’t want to miss the hiring wave. I’m also a cadet for a ULCC but has a long commitment that I don’t know if I’m willing to do so looking at other options. In terms of QOL I’m young and single so open to anything!