View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 07:23 PM
sully606
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
Completely untrue. For years CAL was a sideshow joke that had scabs running its Union and arguably had the very worst contract in the industry. I've said it before and I'll say it again your current contract, except for wages, is light years ahead of ours.

What I'm amazed at is how little you sold yourself out for and how you did it without the input of the NWA Pilots. Nothing more or nothing less.

I'm hopeful that we, (CAL and UAL), will work together and surpass your 4 year deal and set the bar even higher.

Delta has always been a great place to work and back in 1987 I would have sold my eyeteeth to get on there. My biggest gripe is that I don't think you should have settled for anything less than the original agreement.

Fare increases, over the last year, have countered most of the increase in fuel and if you'd just demand it, your management team would pass on the several bucks it would cost to secure an industry leading agreement.

If, however, in several months the new Delta signs an even more comprehensive and leading contract, I'll get on here and apologize to each and every one of you.

I don't see that happening and quite frankly, I think you're stuck with this crappy T/A for the next four years.
Driver,

I still don't think you get it. In a perfect world this side letter will not go into effect. On the other side, the worst case is no agreement between the two pilot groups for four plus years. I think an agrement will happen sooner than later. This side letter is an interim agreement that will be cancelled when a SINGLE pilot contract is achieved. This could happen before the Single Operating Certificate is granted by the FAA.

The status quo has been raised by SL 19. It is hard to say what exactly went on during these negotiations but I don't think it will rise to a sell-out.