View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 07:20 AM
Smoked
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
Idk, looks to me like “all bid period package” means secondary lines will not count so they can run them up high on day one of signing and it won’t count with the SAM calculation…obviously I’ve been around long enough to assume worst case senario with this company
Originally Posted by gasnhaul View Post
This is what bothers me…and why it might be a BIG deal. I’d ask my rep but since he was one of the 13 yea votes I’m looking elsewhere.
But aren't there more opportunities to cherry pick open time via the view/add window in this TA? SMU being the most obvious new addition. That should create less available flying for secondary line holders driving their BLGs down. Maybe that's why the SIG suggested secondary lines being excluded from the SAM.

Can always be manipulated I guess. I just don't see how they could increase the trips available for secondary lines to reduce BLGs on published trips in the bidpack. Yes, SMU will initially increase trips in the bucket, but will then be picked clean before secondaries are built. Everything else that normally feeds it remains the same, right? Training, vacation, MED, pay only, etc. Does the change to VBB affect this?

What am I missing?