Gets Weekends Off
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2015
  • Position
    Gear slinger
Quote: It's no secret that hiring is hot right now. I've been offered positions into 121 jobs even though I've been out of steady flying for a few years. Other than the obvious, which is having to tap out in three years due to mandatory 65 and most likely never seeing the left seat, does it even make sense to be chasing this endeavor at such a late stage? I know I am the only one who can answer this question for sure, and I do spend way more time on APC reading about all your stories then I probably should.. Anyone else at a similar age who could chime in? I meet the minimums and have an old, dusty CE500 type I acquired years ago and never used beyond the checkride. The idea of flying heavy metal is intriguing to any one of us down here at the bottom and I've spent years in having to exorcise diligent study habits to get through the training in my current career, but like anything, does it really just turn into a job after a while.?

Appreciate your honest words..
3-5 years of 15-18% 401k DC… depending on what you make now, could be a win. You could always work 3-5 on the line then to be a sim instructor to round out your 10 years for lifetime travel benefits. At DAL and UAL, a CA upgrade is possible in 12-15 months.