View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:16 AM
CVG767A
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 767ER capt

Originally Posted by AV8ER13 View Post
Just to give you a heads up, Nov 85 hire at NWA is around #1450 at NWA, age 59 (planning of ret. at 60 1/2) So if I understand this correct, he would lose lots of Senority to junior DOH's at DAL?

Math=

Your 13% roughly where he is 26% roughly, so he gets Rel. Sen. merged back at 26%, he loses a lot right? If my math is right or I understand rel. sen. then I can understand why he is against this proposal.

I understand that yes he stays at 26%, but look at it from his eyes, its as if his DOH means nothing.

And Yes I undertand it from DAL side, why should you lose your current Rel. Sen. position, its a catch 22, it sucks from Both angle

...It just seems the NWA guys catch more flac for their justification in protecting their sen # then DAL does.

The answer depends on what that pilot is flying now.

What seat (block/reserve) can a pilot at the 26% point hold at NWA? The 26% point at Delta puts you in the left seat of a 767ER, flying an okay regular line (partial weekends, with okay layovers in Europe).

While it goes without saying that any pilot can hold the seat he is presently in, there may actually greater opportunities at the 26% point on a combined list, not even considering a better contract or a greater choice of domiciles.

While it may not make much of a difference to a guy retiring in 18 months, if he were to go to age 65, would he be hurt by relative seniority?