View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 03:48 PM
ttexrbomb
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2023

Originally Posted by 100LimaLima View Post
Looks like all AA flying now, no more UAL. What's your experience as a ZW pilot? Inquiring minds want to know. For those of us waiting to live your experience, how about a detailed trip report? That would be cool. Thanks in advance.
I resigned and caught another job with a 41% pay bump and less stress. Air Wisconsin doesn't have the routes they had with United Express. Many of the people in my class are sitting on Ready Reserve out of Dayton and Milwaukee. When they closed Dulles, all those people took the more senior slots at the other bases. I was on the line and when I left, I was lucky to get one or two days a month. Less than 10 hours a month. The rest of the time, sitting at the airport. I think AW is making this American partnership more than it really is. They overhired FO's and now they are cutting some from training. Honestly, they do a great job of not letting people think they are hanging on by a thread, but I think that is exactly the case. Too many FO's, industry minimum on pay, and you're stuck on reserve, so you aren't making any more than they're $60.90 per hour at the monthly minimum. If you are thinking about coming to this airline, caveat emptor (may the buyer beware).