Thread: FAA Easing Rules for Mental Health Issues

WhisperJet , 06-27-2023 09:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off
WhisperJet
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2015
Quote: Thanks AirBear - I contacted AMAS with my query and thought I would share the results.

Overall, clearly Special Issuance for Mental Health and SSRIs are approved on a case by case basis, however they noted that more and more airline pilots are going through the SSRI special issuance, and choose to maintain the Special Issuance for the long term because they feel better on SSRIs.

That information was extremely promising to me, and made me feel a whole lot better about going through the entire special issuance process. I work in another industry currently, however am training under basicmed (used to have a Class 1 Medical). Once I get (if I get) my special issuance, I'll hopefully be a Private Pilot by then, and can make the decision whether I want to jump into Aviation as a new career path.
please look into Lift Affect. Matt is a pilot and mental health professional who is helping pilots navigate mental health issues and providing information on FAA process. He has a lift affect podcast as well. Lots of guys using his service